Before your Botox / Fillers / Kybella
With injections, there is always a possibility for bruising because the blood vessels run in a random pattern below the skin.
If you want to decrease your risks for bruising:
- Stop all over-the-counter medications, such as multivitamins, fish oil, ibuprofen, aspirin, 2 weeks before your injections
- Consider starting oral Arnica, bromelain, vitamin C before your procedure
- Plan on at least 2 weeks between an injection and a big event
During your Botox / Fillers / Kybella
- We will use numbing cream, or ice, or both.
- Dr Erb uses a tiny needle, 32 gauge, for botox injections to minimize discomfort
- Dr Erb uses a cannula for under eye injections to minimize bruising
- Cold packs immediately after will minimize bruising
After your Botox / Fillers / Kybella
- Ice can help to reduce bruising and swelling
- You can cover any bruises with makeup
- Consider continuing oral Arnica, oral bromelain, oral vitamin C, and/or Arnica cream
- Do not massage or manipulate the area for 1 day