Preparation for Botox® or Filler Injection
As with any medical procedure, there is often ways you can prepare to ensure the best outcome and to have a smooth recovery. Here are a few things you can do to prepare for your Botox® or Filler injection and decrease the risk of bruising.
Things to do before your Injection
- Two weeks before your injection: Stop all over-the-counter medications, such as multivitamins, fish oil, ibuprofen, aspirin.
- Consider starting oral Arnica, Bromelain, or Vitamin C before your procedure.
- Plan to have your injection a full two weeks before a big event.
Things to Note about Injection Procedures
Your Injection Procedure includes numbing cream, ice or both to make sure that you feel no discomfort at the injection site. Dr. Erb uses the tiniest needles possible to minimize discomfort, and she uses cannula for fillers where needed to minimize bruising.
Self Care After an Injection
- Refrain from touching, massaging or manipulating the area for one day.
- Use ice to help reduce bruising and swelling.
- You may use makeup and cover any bruising that may have occurred.
- Consider continuing with the supplements suggested above, oral Arnica, Bromelain, Vitamin C and Arnica Cream.